Follow my step by step guide to complete a floral wreath using Gouache. Gouache is an amazing painting medium and has the consistency that is in between watercolour and acrylic paints.
I will be posting more watercolour and calligraphy tutorials. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel to keep updated!
- Eraldo di Paolo Gouache Colour: Yellow Ochre, Crimson, Prussian Blue, White
- Mossery Watercolor Spiral Notebook
- Paintbrush: Eraldo di Paolo size 3 and 6 round brush
- Jar of water
- Mixing Palatte
- Grey lead pencil
- Use a grey lead pencil and lightly draw a “U” shape.
- Firstly, paint a red 5 point flower at the base of the “U” shape.
- Paint 2 other 5 point flowers beside the red flower .
- Paint 2 more flowers on the top end of the “U” shape.
- Add 2 more orange 5 point flowers underneath the red flowers.
- Using the green gouache paint, add in simple leaves.
- Hint: You can outline a football shape and fill in the shape with green to make a leaf. Alternatively you can use 2 brush strokes to form a leaf shape.
- Use the green gouache paint and add in branches on either side of the “U” shape.
- Use the dark blue paint to add in smaller flowers.
- Use a mustard yellow paint to add in small circles at the top branches.
- Add in finer details to the yellow circles by painting smaller dots using the red paint.
- To give your painting more contrast use a light green to add in extra flowers.
- Allow your paint to dry.
- Use white paint to add in the centre of the flowers by painting a circle with smaller dots around.