Follow my step by step guide to complete a floral wreath using Gouache. Gouache is an amazing painting medium and has the consistency that is in between watercolour and acrylic paints.
I will be posting more watercolour and calligraphy tutorials. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel to keep updated!
- Eraldo di Paolo Gouache Colour: Yellow Ochre, Crimson, Prussian Blue, White
- Mossery Watercolor Spiral Notebook
- Paintbrush: Eraldo di Paolo size 3 and 6 round brush
- Jar of water
- Mixing Palatte
- Grey lead pencil
- Use a grey lead pencil and lightly draw a “U” shape.
- Firstly, paint a red 5 point flower at the base of the “U” shape.
- Paint 2 other 5 point flowers beside the red flower .
- Paint 2 more flowers on the top end of the “U” shape.
- Add 2 more orange 5 point flowers underneath the red flowers.
- Using the green gouache paint, add in simple leaves.
- Hint: You can outline a football shape and fill in the shape with green to make a leaf. Alternatively you can use 2 brush strokes to form a leaf shape.
- Use the green gouache paint and add in branches on either side of the “U” shape.
- Use the dark blue paint to add in smaller flowers.
- Use a mustard yellow paint to add in small circles at the top branches.
- Add in finer details to the yellow circles by painting smaller dots using the red paint.
- To give your painting more contrast use a light green to add in extra flowers.
- Allow your paint to dry.
- Use white paint to add in the centre of the flowers by painting a circle with smaller dots around.
To watch these steps in real time, check out my YouTube tutorial below and remember to subscribe to my Channel for more tips and tricks to watercolour and brush lettering.